JetBrains offers much more than just the latest chatbot. You may know that AI has always been a part of JetBrains coding assistance, autocomplete, and more, with JetBrains AI assistant the next step in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to innovate and accelerate coding related tasks.
JetBrains AI Assistant is deeply integrated into the integrated development environment (IDE), delivering productivity throughout the coding workflow, helping teams write and rewrite even more accurate code.
A TRUE HELPING HAND FOR DEVS
JetBrains AI Assistant can generate:
- Single and multi-line code suggestions.
- Commit messages, based on changes you’re about to commit.
- Suggestions for more intelligent renaming refactors.
- Further assistance when ‘discussing’ project detail via the AI chat window.
JetBrains AI Assistant delivers deeply integrated, context-aware AI, right in the integrated development environment (IDE).
We’re talking about seamless integration with IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, PhpStorm, ReSharper, and other JetBrains IDEs as well as in the Fleet collaboration platform.
And even more IDE integrations are set to be rolled out in future.
EXAMPLE: REFACTORING WITH AI ASSISTANT
Working in the IDE with JetBrains AI Assistant? Simply select ‘Suggest Refactoring’ from the AI Actions context menu – and the AI Assistant will not only suggest full context-based refactorings for the chosen code excerpt but explain the reasoning behind its suggestions. If happy with that, your devs can insert the refactored code in the original file as a ‘diff’ – showing the changes made.
FREE DEV TEAMS FROM REPETITIVE ROUTINE
The JetBrains AI Assistant differs from many other coding assistants that have so far been reviewed.
It’s not a single AI, it’s more like a meta-AI or a coding assistant that farms out requests to whatever LLM it deems of most use. And it’s so tightly integrated with the IDE that if JetBrains didn’t make the distinction, you wouldn’t even know that it was AI. Users can stay ‘in the flow’ creatively for accelerated innovation.
- Enable your favourite JetBrains tools.
- Empower teams with information at pace.
View this short YouTube video [03:12] for a full summary.
YES, THERE’S CHAT BUT SUPERCHARGED
The JetBrains AI service employs different LLMs while exposing how they work for product users and other code technicians, with JetBrains’ proprietary models joined by various third-party providers including OpenAI and Vertex AI.
And JetBrains continues to test various models and scenarios – so customers don’t have to.
- Each LLM service provider is selected specifically for the tasks.
- Cost-effective approach flows through multiple JetBrains integrations.
- Optimise your daily dev workflows and code quality.
- Products send only necessary data to LLMs – your data and code won’t be used for training.
- (Coming soon) use of preferred on-premises models when desired, connected to JetBrains AI service and products.
- Ensure flexibility and future-proofing with access offered to the latest relevant LLMs.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JETBRAINS AI ASSISTANT IN THIS VIDEO [25:38]
DEEP-DIVE JETBRAINS AI ASSISTANT WITH INTELLIJ IDEA [01:15:41]
AI IS BECOMING ESSENTIAL – CONTACT QBS FOR MORE
The JetBrains Developer Ecosystem 2023 survey confirmed that 79% of developers find that working with the code itself consumes the bulk of their time – read report highlights here.
With the AI Assistant from JetBrains, however, teams can take back minutes and hours in their day to the most important challenges in programming. That means partners can give businesses a leg-up on digital transformation, regardless of sector, demonstrating their own value into the bargain.
QBS Produktmanager Jetbrains
✉️ [email protected]
📞 +49 (0) 89 231 4142 11